Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Custom Art - New Love, New Hope


This custom art piece was commissioned by my friend, Sandi, a little while ago, and I realized that I never posted it. This was Sandi's gift to her friend who recently adopted a baby from Ethiopia. African adoption is something very close to my heart, after our time spent in Africa and the devastation of orphans that we saw first hand, we have hopes to go down this path ourselves someday. So this was an exciting project for me to take on!
This piece was done as an 8x10 using oil pastel.

I am not taking on additional custom art orders for the time being, as my time is quite spoken for during the next several months. Thank you to those of you who have been inquiring, though, and please stay tuned for when that may change.

And for those of you who are interested, prints of The Bride of Christ are available, contact me for more information.

3 comments:

Ruth Grasley said...

This is so awesome. It is just what you do when you become a mom and check out the feet and toes. I didn't even realize at first that the foot was a dark one. Made me think that when a baby is yours it doesn't matter shape or colour you just love everything about it

Denise said...

WOW, WOW and WOW...Totally beautiful and amazing.

Erica Hildebrand said...

That is so beautiful, Petara. You are gifted.