Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Custom Art - Bride of Christ



This piece was commissioned by my uncle Terry to take to his church in Mongolia where he was a missionary for many years. It is based on Ephesians 5:
"...Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless."
It's hard to tell with a small size of the picture (it was done as a 16x20) but making up the dress of the bride are people from around the world, from different tribes and cultures - the universal church.

This was done in "mixed medium" - everything I could get my hands on to achieve the look I wanted - charcoal, pencil and oil pastel.

I hope it encourages the church in Mongolia!

14 comments:

Sawatzkys said...

WOW ... that is simply INCREDIBLE!! It gives me goosebumps!

Carly Friesen said...

This is absolutely phenomenal! I don't know what else to say...

Sawatzkys said...

UNFREAKIN' BELIEVABLE!

OK so I'm in my office and can't help but brag about you again. People cannot believe it.
I hope I get to see the original before it heads for Mongolia.

Awesome job Petera!

dor@n said...

What a fabulous piece. I had to go back and have another look and that is when I noticed the people in the dress. Breath taking! I am so proud of you and your talent!
You go girl!

Colin & Beth said...

no words. stunning!! ok that was 1 word but not enough to do justice. are the people in the dress photos??

Ricky Hildebrand said...

HO-KEY-CRAP!! Ok, you haved done some good stuff in the past, but this is freakin amazing!! This is easily your best work to date. I totally didn't believe this was drawn when I first saw it. It absolutely blows my mind. Great job, sis!

Nola said...

that is fabulous Petara! great job!!

Cheryl Nielsen said...

are you making prints of it?!

Caleb Hildebrand said...

DANG SIS, this is incredible! Wow, you are so talented, and I'm proud to be your bro!

Petara Panabaker Photography said...

Thanks everyone!!! And yes - if anyone's interested in prints - I can certainly get them made!

Elina said...

I am definately interested in a print...

Deb Panabaker said...

Ok, I finally figured out how to comment from here! Petara, you never fail to amaze us with your talent!

tylorchristine said...

that is so beautiful! Awesome, you have such talent ;)

Anonymous said...

Petra, I am a friend of Deb's. She sent me your site for viewing. It is absolutely stunning!! You must be very proud. I told Deb that you should really have a book published of your work. Very impressed!!! Keep up the good work.